Sunday, March 26, 2006

It doesn't matter anymore

This week has all been about the Puressence gig - they are my favourite band and after 10 years of listening to them I have finally gotten round to seeing them live.

In short they rocked, the songs sounded as good if not better than the album versions and James the lead singers sheer arrogance as he parted the crowd and walked through us all while still singing was brilliant.



The gig was at the Water Rats Theatre which is near Kings Cross station. The venue was small but made the whole thing much more personal. I met with my Emma (my sister) and Laura (girlfriend) at Victoria and made our way from there. At the venue we met with two of my sisters friends who had managed to get into the pub although we had all the e-tickets. The venue was one half bar and the other half the stage/floor. We thought best to get in the stage room early before the support act but found just space to stand right at the front. The support band My Architects were really good although it was a bit strange just standing at the front with them playing at us. I had already listened to one of their tracks (Under the Pines) on their site and recognised it straight away when they started playing. I think this track will really get the band noticed when it gets released next month.

When Puressence came on everything changed, all those who had been content to stand at the back all of a sudden wanted to walk through us to stand in spaces that bearly existed. The band lifted the tempo quickly and soon no-one cared where they were.

Standing near the front helped as we saw the set list from the beginning, so we knew that most of our favourites would be played and more importantly that they would be playing 2 encores.

For those who are interested here's the set list:

I Suppose
Drop Down <-- Currently featured on their myspace.com page
Don't Forget To Remember
How Does It feel
Sold Unseen
Standing In Your Shadow
Bitter Pill
Make Time
Baby Moonbeam
Life Comes Down Hard
Burns Inside
----------
This Feeling
Sharpen Up

After the gig I had the short hop to the Bowers Hotel near Victoria. This was so good as working 10mins from Victoria meant I didn't have to get up until 9 to get in work for 10 - Greeeat!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home